Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tenth Post: Practical 8&9

My dream holiday location is a place where I believe many people including myself would like to go to. The place I am referring to is the Land of the Rising Sun, Japan.



Being exposed to different elements of Japanese culture such as animation, music and food, I grew up thinking that Japan was a magical place where only good things could be found. As I grew up, I lost interest in Japanese culture a slight bit but I would definitely not give up a chance to go to Japan if I could. Currently at this point of time in my life, I still enjoy the occasional indulgence in Japanese food. However, Japanese animation and music still holds a huge part in my life.

If I was able to go to Japan, one of the things that I would definitely look for upon landing is the food. Although Japanese food can be found almost everywhere in the world, only their own authentic food can be found in Japan itself. Sashimi and sushi prepared by master japanese chefs are almost too difficult to find anywhere but Japan.


Being on the topic of food, I would no doubt head to Hokkaido as their seafood has been always known to be on a different level and to be able to eat the seafood dishes freshly made is definitely an opportunity that I would not want to miss.

Besides the food, Hokkaido also has very good weather (almost everywhere else does when compared to Singapore). During the summer, it is not as warm as the other parts of Japan due to the fact that it is near the sea and during winter, it gets very cold. I believe that Hokkaido is definitely a great place to experience the four seasons that Japan has. Not only is there lesser people due to its surburban location, the lack of any industries and buildings of sorts would definitely make the air there much cleaner, making the trip there somewhat more fresh and less "urban".



Another place that I would like to visit in Japan is the capital, Tokyo. As an avid lover of Japanese music, there are two places in Tokyo which I would definitely like to visit if given the chance.

The first of these two places is the Tokyo Dome. Although it is mainly a location for baseball games, many of Japan's biggest musical acts have performed there and it is considered to be a benchmark for a good music artist if they are able to perform at the Tokyo Dome.



The second place that I would like to visit in Tokyo is the Nippon Budokan. Unlike the Tokyo Dome, the Budokan is a place mainly for large scale music concerts although it was previously built for martial arts competitions. Even famous music acts from abroad have performed in the Budokan. Like the Tokyo Dome, it is a dream for Japanese music artists to one day perform at the Budokan.



The last place that I would love to visit in Japan would be the "Electronic City" of Akihabara. Akihabara is a city within Tokyo famous for its many electronic shops. In recent years, it has also been known for being the center of gaming, manga and anime culture. As I am a big fan of animation and manga, I would love to visit the different shops in Akihabara to gain a first hand experience of how much different it is from Singapore.




The website I used to gather information on Japan is http://www.japan-guide.com

The different evaluation criteria I used to evaluate the webite are as follows:

Purpose: As my purpose was to find a website that provides relevant and detailed information on travelling in Japan, the website served the purpose as I was able to gain the relevant information I needed. Not only that, the website has clearly stated purposes at http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e440.html which states that their purpose is to "deliver comprehensive, up to date information on travelling and living in Japan, first-hand from Japan."

Coverage: As I wanted information on the different cities in Japan, it was important that relevant as well as plenty detailed information was required. The site provided very detailed information for each of the different states as well as the different sight seeing options you could find. This is definitely very good information as it gave me an idea on how the travelling would occur for the different parts of Japan.

Currency: The website provides up to date information on the different travel itineraries for different travel plans as well as new places of interest that have come up. For a person interested in travelling, the frequent updating of information on this site is definitely something that is very important.

Accessibility: This site is very easily found on search engines as key words such as "Japan Guide" can easily allow the site to be returned as a relevant link. As such, people will not worry on losing the site as it can be found very easily.

Presentation: The website is organised well and people will definitely find it easy to surf in the website as the different information are divided into different categories such as food, sight seeing and many more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home